Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Kerry's French Friends

I remembered reading this yesterday but tried in vain to get a link. I have not yet found a supporting link for this. Barnier is the French Foreign Minister. These remarks were made at the UN on Sept 23rd.

"... Barnier's remarks last week, when he said that France will attend a proposed conference on the future of Iraq only if the complete withdrawal of foreign troops is a formal topic for discussion and the negotiations include "all political forces" in Iraq, "including those who have chosen the path of armed resistance.

Kerry may want to bring the French to the table, but guess who's coming to dinner with them: terrorists and rebels now attacking U.S. soldiers and slaughtering Iraqi citizens. "

I found it here. If someone can find the original quote on a UN site I'd appreciate it.

Bottom Line: The French are not our friends. They are our 'allies' only when they need us.

I'm off to teach.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home