Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Comment: How about reduced spending?

Last post, I linked to a horrified lefty talking about his fears for the next four years. Fears that are, without exception, things I'm hoping for.

I had a comment on this:

I would settle for President Bush and the GOP coltrolled Congress simply reducing spending by about 10% to 15% by sticking to the things actually proscribed by the Constitution.

OK, fair enough. I'd probably axe more than 10% to 15% of federal spending if I could. But it probably won't happen for structural reasons. The deficit, sad to say, is about the only way to restrain spending. But I'd be happy to talk about how to do better or what I would do if I could.

Note: in the lefty article they implied Bush would, indeed, impose a draft. Sorry, that is fever swamp stuff. Won't happen. Period. The only people who talk about the draft or have supported the draft in the last 30 years are Democrats.