Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Let Specter have his chance.

Powerline is willing not to oppose Arlene Specter any more.
This is at least partly based on the opinions of Hugh Hewitt.
I respect the opposition of NRO. I contacted three Senators concerning 'Stop Arlene'. However, given Arlene's WSJ article I'm willing to relent.
When I get a chance I'll recontact those Senators plus Senator Specter and express my support for Senator Specter.
The important thing is changing the Supreme Court. Senator Specter put forth the following proposal:

Specifically, my protocol provides that all nominees will have a Judiciary Committee hearing within 30 days of nomination, a Judiciary Committee vote within 30 days of the hearing, and a floor vote 30 days later.

If he gets each nominee a hearing within 30 days, a vote within 30, and a floor vote within 30 he will have done all I ask. (This means I want his vote in committee and support of an up or down vote. If his beliefs mean he votes against a nominee in an up or down vote then I have no complaints.)

1 Comments:

At November 10, 2004 at 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm... it's "Arlen" Specter. Not Arlene.

Ah well. I bet his staffers deserve a laugh after this week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home