Friday, October 22, 2004

Moral Consistency

I read the article "Faith and Patriotism". I'd like to expound upon it with an example.

Martin Luther King Jr attacked segregation on grounds of morality. It was a deeply religious movement. Anti-discrimination law involves people imposing their views on others. (All law does, this is only a telling example).

I can confidently predict that Senator Kerry supports anti-discrimination law.

But this makes a mockery out of his statement that he believes life begins at conception AND he votes pro-abortion even on partial birth abortion which even ordinary supporters of abortion often view as infanticide.

If he actually believes life begins at birth then he has supported infanticide.

Yes, Mr. Kerry, James 2:17 says "Faith without works is dead." But his works are his pro-abortion votes which contradict his claimed faith.

My own positions on abortion are, to borrow the term, a bit nuanced. Most Americans hold a nuanced position. I find it strange that Senator Nuance shows absolutely no nuance in his record of voting on abortion.




1 Comments:

At October 24, 2004 at 8:15 AM, Blogger Randomscrub said...

Thank you for pointing out his completely contradictory position! I've been telling that to my liberal friends since the second debate when he brought that argument out, but they refuse to listen to me. Then again... They might just be wacko, because I got someone to conced that by her argument, we can't prohibit murder either. But instead of changing her argument, she decided that we shouldn't legislate against murder... Some of these people are truly disturbing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home